Job Posting 11/14/18
Asst. Director of Business Services-USD 360 Caldwell Schools has an opening for an assistant director of business services. The job is to work in coordinating all district financial and fiscal services with the business manager. The job starts on January 3, 2019. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business/accounting/related field or five-years experience in a similar position. Applications and job description available in the USD 360 District Office, 22 N. Webb, Caldwell, KS 67022, or call 620-845-2585 ext. 1 EOE
Job Posting 11/5/18
Classroom Paraprofessional-USD 360 Caldwell Schools has an opening for an elementary classroom paraprofessional. Position will remain open until filled. Candidates must have a background in, experience with, training in, or passion for working with young children. A high school diploma/GED is a minimum requirement. A background check on non-certified personnel is required. The salary and schedule will be determined based on building needs and on the applicants experience and education. Applications and a full job description are available online at www.usd360.com, or at the USD 360 District Office, 22 N. Webb, Caldwell, KS 67022, or call 620-845-2585 ext. 1 EOE
Purpose: The Paraprofessional/Classroom/IDL Aide assists the Instructor in creating a positive
learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development
of students. To accomplish these tasks, the Classroom Aide works closely with the staff and administration of the District.
The position of Paraprofessional (Teacher’s Aide) is a classified position limited to the annual student attendance days plus any professional development (training) days as assigned by the direct supervisor or school administration. The Paraprofessional is to assist in the learning process in assigned areas of study, to perform a variety of clerical and supportive tasks for instructional personnel and perform related work as required.
Responsible to: Classroom Instructor, Building Principal, & Counselor (IDL)
Payment rate: Salary and benefits as established by the Board of Education
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office (after employment offer is made).
3. Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
4. To meet local, state, or federal requirements a paraprofessional may be required to get either sixty (60) hours of college course credit or successfully pass the Para Processional Praxis assessment.
1. Ability to assist in developing the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
2. Ability to assist in establishing and monitoring a positive learning environment, and respond to the individual educational needs of students or directives of instructors including the ability to safely, accurately and efficiently follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Ability to ensure all activities conform to District guidelines including the ability to understand, demonstrate knowledge of, and follow all District policies, rules and procedures pertinent to the assigned position and duties.
4. Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community including the ability to work and interact with all other school personnel and students in a cooperative, collaborative and courteous manner.
5. Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
6. Ability to operate all classroom and IDL related equipment.
7. Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the District.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Must work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
2. Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and turning.
1. Ability to assist in the instruction and supervision of students.
2. Ability to assist students with remedial work.
3. Ability to tutor students as directed.
4. Ability to assist students individually or in small groups, as directed by the supervising teacher.
5. Ability to monitor student progress and provide input in selecting activities appropriate to the abilities, needs, and interests of the students.
6. Ability to monitor testing, deliver assignments, grade papers, and assist with record keeping.
7. Ability to prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
8. Ability to attend staff meetings and general staff meetings as required.
9. Ability to assist in the maintenance and inventory and mailing of materials.
10. Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, community agencies, and other groups.
11. Ability to assist instructional personnel with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
12. Assist in maintaining the classroom in a functional, attractive, and orderly environment (i.e. bulletin board, displays, posters, etc.)
13. Assist the teacher in complying with I.E.P. requirements and objectives;
14 Re-enforce behavioral expectations as directed by the classroom teacher.
15. Manage discipline problems in accordance with administrative regulations, school board policies, and legal requirements.
16. Ability to implement and follow all school district policies during all activities.
17. Ability to keep current on new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
18. Ability to keep student information and records confidential.
19. Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
20. Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
21. Ability to maintain valid drivers’ license and transport students in districts’ 14 passenger activity bus.
22. Ability to assist students in the connecting of the IDL classroom or cart to designated location.
23. Ability to perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Classroom Instructor, Counselor, Principal, or other Administrative Staff.
The Paraprofessional position is a nine (9) month classified (at-will) position. The number of actual hours to be worked will include the actual number of scheduled student-attendance hours plus any assigned extra duties and training/professional development hours.
Direct Supervisor for the Paraprofessional is the assigned certified teacher under the auspices of the building administrator.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the appropriate building administrator and supervising teacher(s).
Terms of Employment: At will. School year, salary, and benefits (if any) as established by the Caldwell U.S.D. No. 360 Board of Education.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with provisions of Kansas Statutes and Board of Education Policy and conducted by the building principal(s) and the supervising teacher.