Employment Opportunities

 Job Opening: Student Support/At-Risk Coordinator


  1. Master’s Degree in Education or related field-Kansas Licensure in the following areas:  Student Services (School Counseling, School Psychology, and/or Social Work), or Administration
  2. Successful experience working with at-risk students
  3. Working knowledge of appropriate strategies for reducing behaviors that put students of not graduating from high school
  4. Ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults
  5. Knowledge and understanding of the multiplicity of social services available in the community to support students at risk of not graduating
  6. Knowledge of alternative education opportunities in the district and state of Kansas
  7. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office.
  8. Have a valid driver’s license, be able to drive, and qualify under the district’s insurance carrier when driving a district vehicle.
  9. Support the value of an education.
  10. Support the philosophy and vision of U.S.D. No. 360

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities

Knowledge and skills for direct and indirect intervention including: counseling on an individual, group, or family basis; consulting with administrators, teachers, parents, and other professionals about student problems and appropriate change strategies; and networking with school programs and community agencies to provide essential services for families and children; understanding of the knowledge, skills, and processes for effective casework practice; understanding of the school support services network including associated laws (IDEA, ADA, compulsory attendance, etc.), ethical issues, professional issues and standards; foundations of school psychology; and the role and function of the school support services coordinator; understanding of child development, psychopathology, social and environmental conditioning, cultural diversity and family systems.


Purposes and Objectives of the Position:

The Student Support/At-Risk Coordinator promotes and enhances the overall academic mission by providing services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships and alleviate barriers to learning. The Student Support/At-Risk Coordinator significantly contributes to the development of a healthy, safe and caring environment by advancing the understanding of the emotional and social development of children and the influences of family, community, and cultural differences on student success and by implementing effective intervention strategies.

The major functions of the student support services job description incorporate the Kansas State Board of Education guiding vision that” Kansas leads the world in the success of each student.”

 Provide students and families of the Caldwell Public Schools with the information, education and support they require to become informed and effective advocates for their children and partners with their children’s schools so as to improve their educational outcomes.

  1. Provide at-risk students the support to transition from multiple educational settings.
  2. Provide families of at-risk students the support and guidance to navigate alternative placements and services.
  3. Assists in the implementation of the district career exploration program including sessions with groups and classes on Individual Learning Plans.
  4. Assists in the implementation of the district character education program and class, group, and individual activities.
  5. Provide support to the guidance program and building administration.
  6. Establish collaboration with community and county resources, the DCF, the guidance counselor, administration, and like support services.

Essential Job Functions:

Assists staff with identifying at-risk students based on excessive absences, who are behind in their credits, who are failing more than one subject, who are included in each six weeks failure list and assists written materials, such as failure letters, attendance reports, correspondence, etc., for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information

  • Develops and implements individual strategies and provides counseling to at-risk students utilizing cognitive behavioral techniques, individually and in small groups, to increase the likelihood that these students will stay in school and graduate
  • Assists in identifying at-risk 504 students and assists with the 504 cases most at risk of not graduating
  • Schedules and attends meetings (i.e. intervention meetings, parent/teacher meetings, etc.) for the purpose of gathering and disseminating information, as well as to provide training to parents of students identified as being at risk of not graduating
  • Works with faculty, school counselors, and administrators to adapt curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of identified at-risk students
  • Contacts community resource organizations and agencies for the purpose of enlisting needed help for at-risk students
  • Contacts parents/guardians of at-risk students for the purpose of soliciting their help
  • Gathers data on at-risk students for the purpose of building the program and keeping track of student progress and helps maintain a student database for keeping track of interventions and the progress of the students
  • Monitors at-risk students for the purpose of determining appropriate interventions
  • Assists staff in the implementation of Individual Plans of Study and Career Guidance with at-risk students, employing a variety of career assessments to help students determine their interests, strengths, and learning styles, in setting goals for a future career path
  • Assists the counselor/administration with all student withdrawals, conducting an exit interview for students who may drop out of high school and assist with providing community resources and options
  • Coordinates with administration/counselor a transition program for 6th graders & 8th graders to successfully adapt to the rigor of middle and high school
  • Serve on student support teams and special education committees as needed or assigned.
  • Review student records to identify previous barriers and/or interventions.
  • Conduct parent interviews to acquire socio-developmental information as needed for special education or counseling referrals.
  • Interview students and parents to discuss issues related to non-attendance and develop a plan of action and assist the school in following school board regulations for excessive absences and truancy; attend student support team meetings and court intervention.
  • Effectively and appropriately assesses and address the needs, characteristics and interactions of students, families, LEA personnel and community
  • Uses knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of home, school, and community to intervene for student success via such practices as assessment, crisis intervention, home visits, conflict resolution, individual and group counseling, consultation, program development, dropout prevention and coordination of school and community services.
  • Advocates for appropriate services for students and their families.
  • Consults and collaborates with stakeholders on behalf of students and their families.
  • Effectively plans, implements and evaluates programs that promote student and family success.
  • Advocates, facilitates, and contributes to Student Support Services accountability for outcomes aligned with local, state, and federal policies and guidelines.
  • Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents, as requested.
  • Provide assistance in individual and/or group counseling in response to school-wide crises.
  • Respond to referrals requesting verification of residence.
  • Participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices for the provision of comprehensive student support and at-risk services.
  • Conduct home visits as a method to access the family and conduct interviews in response to school referrals.
  • Maintain an ongoing liaison with community/county/state agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
  • Perform related work as required.

General Responsibilities:

  • Establishing ongoing communication among parents, community, school personnel and community agency representatives.
  • Assisting in the development of effective culturally sensitive and result driven strategies for providing information to low-income, hard-to-reach and limited English proficient families
  • Presenting information and training to parents and school personnel about their respective responsibilities for parent involvement and school accountability under both Title I and the ESSA
  • Collecting and maintaining data related to the position- Disseminates data to promote services with families, schools, agencies and the community-at-large
  • Maintaining telephone and electronic contacts/activity logs/mailing lists of families and professionals
  • Representing the interests of and advocating for families on appropriate councils, committees and task forces
  • Establish ongoing communication between JDC and USD 360 Caldwell Schools.
  • Create student contact and follow-up support for students at-risk of and involved in JDC
  • Working in collaboration with other school community members to meet the schools collective goals where appropriate
  • Contributes and fosters a safe and orderly work environment for students and peers.
  • Takes appropriate action when students and peers exhibit emotionally/physically distressed behaviors.
  • Works to help ensure student achievement.
  • Helps develop school climate and conditions that help ensure maximum student achievement.
  • Assists with student mentoring when assigned.
  • Helps build positive school/community relations.
  • Facilitates cooperation between all persons in the school community.
  • Helps to develop constructive peer and student relationships.
  • Supports use of appropriate communications skills and development of thinking skills.
  • Follows all district policies, handbooks, and regulations.
  • Works to develop effective and efficient performance and sets high expectations for self
  • Uses a variety of materials, activities and approaches appropriate to the needs of the position.
  • Develops and monitors plans and goals to improve individual performance.
  • Practices responsible fiscal, facility, and resource management.
  • Procures supplies and equipment following building budget guidelines.
  • Establishes guidelines that ensure the care and maintenance of district facilities and equipment.
  • Models positive professional attributes.
  • Participates in professional activities to enhance knowledge and skills.
  • Uses written and spoken language well.
  • Maintains positive contact with supervisors and peers.
  • Handles work in a timely and effective manner.
  • Ability to work cooperatively and constructively with others, including the ability to communicate effectively with a broad number of audiences.
  • Ability to manage job responsibilities and to meet the established district outcomes.
  • Ability to use necessary district-identified computer hardware and software, and other district-provided technology.
  • Maintains physical and skill requirements necessary to meet job responsibilities.
  • Adhere to the chain of command for program/administrative concerns.
  • Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Blood borne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
  • Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisors and in accordance with USD 360 Board of Education policies.


Terms of EmploymentSchool year, salary, benefits and working condition to be established by the Board and in relevant areas those items contractually agreed by the Caldwell U.S.D. 360 School Board and the Caldwell Negotiated Agreement.

EvaluationPerformance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the U.S.D. No. 360 Board of Education policies, the USD 360 Negotiated agreement, and the state law on “Evaluation of Professional Personnel”.

Job Opening  5-12 Band/Instrumental Music Director

QUALIFICATIONS:  Certified Music Staff Member

JOB GOAL:  Provide a meaningful and rewarding extracurricular band /instrumental music experience for all 5-12 band students.


  1. Support the school athletic/activity programs with band performances at all football and basketball home games and other events when possible.
  2. Provide marching band(s) for participation in Homecoming parade. Band(s) may explore options of marching in other local or area parades if scheduled in advance with the principal and activities director. (Currently HS band has participated in State Fair parade and field performances in the fall)
  3. Provide instrumental music for commencement ceremonies.
  4. Compile a calendar of all available performance possibilities and through coordination with activities director and derive a calendar of band concerts/ trips/contests for the year.
  5. Promote student participation in league, district and state events as outlined in S.C.B.L., K.M.E.A., and K.S.H.S.A.A. journals or league constitution.
  6. Insure that all entry applications and fees are mailed on time for all events.
  7. Attend meetings of K.M.E.A. district band directors and assist in audition process for District Festival Band.
  8. Conduct fund raising activities. Adhere to accounting procedures for fund raisers as established by district policy.
  9. Publicize all 5-12 band activities through local media.
  10. Sponsor all band field trips and secure additional sponsors when necessary. (One major HS trip every four years.)
  11. Advise and work with the officers and members of the Bluejay Backers.
  12. Produce at least two concerts per year (winter and spring) involving all band students.
  13. Perform at local functions when appropriate.
  14. Plan, budget, and report expenses for concerts, programs, and other events when extra accompanying is needed.
  15. Adhere to all rules and regulations as established by U.S.D. No. 360 Board of Education.
  16. Prepare an annual report detailing activities of band department and submit to activities director.
  17. Ability to maintain valid drivers’ license and transport students in districts’ 14 passenger activity bus.
  18. Any other performance requests as directed by building administration.
  19. Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by administration.

EVALUATOR:  Building Principal(s), Activities Director


Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provision of the U.S.D. No.360 Board of Education policy.


 School year, benefits and working conditions to be established by the Board of Education and in relevant areas those items contractually agreed by the Caldwell U.S.D. No. 360 Board of Education and the Caldwell Negotiated Agreement.



 Job Title:Bus Drivers Needed

Bus Drivers needed for 2017-2018 School Year.    Must have a valid CDL license and ability to attain S(School Bus) endorsement.  District will assist in S endorsement training.  Defensive Driving and Medic First Aid courses will be provided.  Applications are available in the District Office, 22 N. Webb, Caldwell, KS or call 620-845-2585  Extension #2001.   USD 360 Caldwell Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Fill out the appropriate form below and contact the district office if interested.

USD 360 Bus Driver Application

USD 360 Classified Application

USD 360 Clerical and Sub Teacher Application

USD 360 Custodial Application

USD 360 Rule 10-Sponsor Application

USD 360 Teacher Application

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)   Email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.