Job Openings: Poster 9/4/18
USD #360 Caldwell Public Schools is accepting applications for the position of school custodian.
Position may involve working a flexible schedule, including morning, afternoon, and evening hours and/or split shifts. Completed applications will be accepted through September 28, 2018. The position is full-time and includes fringe benefits, including a single health insurance policy, and vacation days. As per BOE policy all applicants must successfully complete a background check, which will be conducted at district expense. Interviews with potential candidates will be scheduled in October.
Purpose: The Custodian provides a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean
environment to ensure full and productive use of district facilities.
To accomplish these tasks the Custodian must work closely with the staff
and administration of the District.
Responsible to: Head of Buildings, Grounds, and Custodians, All Administrative staff
Payment rate: According to Classified Salary Schedule
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the Central Office (after employment offer is made).
3. Ability to understand chemical hazards.
4. Ability to work independently without supervision.
5. Experience and knowledge in the areas of electrical, maintenance, and carpentry.
6. Ability to manually lift a maximum of 60 pounds.
7. Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
1. Ability to provide a clean, safe, attractive, and comfortable environment to ensure full and productive use of district facilities.
2. Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
3. Ability to react to changes and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
4. Ability to operate all equipment and machinery as required.
5. Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the District.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
1. Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials up to 60 lbs.
2. Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, reaching, climbing and balancing.
3. Ability to move furniture or equipment within the building as required.
4. Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
5. Must work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
6. Must work indoors and outdoors year-round in a variety of temperatures.
2. Ability to clean classroom and office floors daily. Dump pencil sharpeners. Dump trash and replace bags. Dust furniture. Line up desks. Clean blackboards, erasers, and chalk trays. Clean classroom sinks and monitor fountains for leaks.
3. Ability to clean corridors each day. Dust locker tops, wash and repair as needed.
Clean drinking fountains daily.
4. Ability to mop restroom floors and clean all sanitary fixtures daily. Clean mirrors.
Fill soap, towel, and toilet paper dispensers. Check restrooms after recess, lunch, after assemblies and activities.
5. Ability to sweep bleachers, stage, and stairs. Clean behind bleachers and mop as needed.
6. Ability to replace light bulbs as needed throughout the building. Remove gum, tape, and marks from floor and walls. Dust walls as needed. Clean air return and vent louvers as needed.
Dust window ledges. Buff and recoat floor as needed. Wash windows inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary.
7. Ability to sweep, shovel, and sand walks as appropriate.
8. Ability to open and close buildings each school day. Secure building. Doors may need to remain
locked from the outside in certain areas.
9. Ability to daily raise the United States flag and the Kansas flag before school commences and take down the same after school closing.
10. Ability to check daily to ensure all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
11. Ability to ensure all doors and windows are secured and all lights are turned off (except as necessary for safety & security reasons) at the close of school each day.
12. Ability to immediately report unauthorized persons on the school premises to the Building Principal.
13. Ability to immediately report damaged school property to the Building Principal and/or Head of Buildings, Grounds, and Custodians.
14. Building maintenance is a daily responsibility. The following maintenance needs should be identified as the custodian performs his/her regular duties. Ability to make or assist in minor building repairs, and /or promptly report needed major repairs to the Head of Buildings, Grounds, and Custodians is considered part of the custodian’s duties. Other examples of where your assistance may be required.
Electrical: Replacement of light bulbs Plumbing: Replacement of washers in faucets, replacement of pee traps and washers, and cleaning out pee traps and small drains Miscellaneous: Replacement of broken floor tiles, replacement of damaged ceiling tiles, minor locker repair, and snow removal on sidewalks.
15. Keep current on new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
16. Ability to observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
17. Ability to develop a daily schedule and provide printed schedule to all supervisors.
18. Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
19. Ability to keep student and personnel information and records confidential.
20. Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
21. Ability to perform other duties and assume other responsibilities assigned by the Head of Buildings, Grounds, and Custodians or the Administrative Staff.
Term of Employment: At will
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with provisions of Kansas Statutes and Board of Education Policy.
Download application with the following link.